The course teaches you how to plan for and use mobile devices in the language classroom, with a focus on designing and implementing effective mobile-based activities with your learners.
next start date: May 2018
course length: 2 weeks | 15 hours
course fees: £195
01 - 15 Jul 2018
01 - 15 Oct 2018
01 - 15 Dec 2018
01 - 15 Feb 2019
During the course, you will learn to:
- explore the practicalities of mobile use in and outside the classroom
- consider the challenges and benefits of mobile device use in language learning
- design and deliver multimedia mobile-based tasks that support language learning
- design mobile-based tasks for low- and/or high-resource contexts
- explore and critically evaluate language learning games and apps
- learn to use augmented and virtual reality with learners
- deliver effective mobile-based feedback and assessment
You will also take part in two videoconferencing sessions.
- Practicalities, considerations, benefits, challenges
- Mobile devices in high- and low-resource contexts
- Designing and sequencing mobile-based tasks
- Best practice for going mobile
- Mobile device implementation plans and policies
- Videoconferencing session 1
- Multimedia mobile tasks: image, audio and video
- Games and apps for language learning
- Using augmented reality
- Using virtual reality
- Mobile devices in feedback and assessment
- Videoconferencing session 2
NOTE: The Consultants-E will not tolerate plagiarism, cheating, falsifying information, or handing in work done by others as your own, during the course. Any participant found to be in breach of this policy will be dismissed from the course, and no refund will apply. By completing enrolment on this course you agree to these terms and conditions.
ALL fields in red in this form are required.
We take regular payments with Square and PayPal. We do not store your credit card details or have access to this information at any point during the transaction. Please choose one of the two payment options below (ensuring that you qualify for any Discount or Past Participant rate, if you select one). To pay on receipt of an invoice, or by bank transfer, please see the Other Payment Options below.
If you would like to pay by credit card, please contact us and we will send you an invoice which can be paid online using a number of major credit cards. If you're having trouble using PayPal, then this should be your next option.
note: our principle credit card processor is Square, and they handle all your financial information securely on their site. At no time during the transaction do we have access to any of your payment details.
If you would like to pay by credit card, please contact us on +44 07791 158 265 and we will arrange to process your payment over the phone and send you a receipt. Note that this number is often busy.
note: our principle credit card processor is Square, and they handle all your financial information securely on their site. However, during this process we will have temporary access to your payment information as we process it using our credit card terminal. We do not store any of this information, but if you would be happier dealing directly with the card processor, please choose a different payment method.
If you would like to pay by bank transfer, please make a transfer to the following account. When making your payment, please add £17 to the course fee to cover associated bank charges. Ensure that your transfer is clearly marked with your name. Note that if incorrect amounts are transferred we will be obliged to ask for a subsequent transfer, and matching bank fees.
Account Name: The Consultants-E Ltd.
Sort Code: 40-46-23
Account Number: 31785729
NOTE: if you use the Past Participant payment option without having done an online course with us previously, we will be obliged to collect the difference between the Past Participant discounted rate and the full course price in an additional payment from you. This will involve increased bank fees for which you will be responsible.