The course will help you develop the range of skills needed to teach live online classes via videoconferencing. The course is hands-on and firmly based on applying what you learn to practice.
During the course, you will learn to:
- work with a range of free or low-cost online videoconferencing platforms
- design and deliver pedagogically-sound lessons via videoconferencing
- select effective activities for live online classes
- teach individual students and small groups via videoconferencing
- market yourself as an online teacher
You will also take part in several pair and group videoconferencing sessions.
Teaching Live Online is for teachers and trainers of English and/or of other languages, but is also suitable for teachers from other disciplines.
- Best practice for teaching live online
- Designing and planning live lessons
- Delivering live lessons
- Live lessons in your context
- Videoconferencing platforms & features
- Videoconferencing sessions 1 & 2
- Teaching ‘one-to-one’ live lessons
- Activities for live lessons
- Plan a live lesson: effective task design
- Assessing student work
- Marketing yourself as an online teacher
- Videoconferencing sessions 3 & 4
Next start date
14/09/17 - 28/09/17